Attainment has been making augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) tools for 25 years. Our experience is front and centre in GoTalk NOW PLUS, a flexible, easy-to-use, yet powerful app for people who have difficulty speaking.
GoTalk NOW PLUS shares the same foundation as GoTalk NOW, and has all the essentials of an effective AAC app; adjustable page layouts, recorded and text-to-speech capabilities, and customisable navigation are all featured. So what differentiates PLUS from NOW? PLUS comes bundled with a wealth of extra content to help you get more out of the app. Between both SymbolStix and The GoTalk Image Library you have access to over 15,000 images! Also featured is Ready-Set-Communicate, a pre-made communication book for children ages 3-10. PLUS also contains 7 English text-to-speech voices, including 2 children’s voices. Please note an internet connection is required to download the additional content.
GoTalk NOW PLUS offers three styles of communication pages: Standard, Express, and Scenes. In Standard pages, the action occurs when the location is pressed. In Express pages, recorded or text-to-speech messages build in a speech bar and play in sequence when the bar is pressed. Scene pages are built around a single photo or image. When you arrange invisible hotspots over people or objects in the photo, the hotspots play speech, music, or videos! Feel free to mix and match pages within a communication book.
Create as many communication books as you need, each with unique settings and unlimited pages. Then share these books with other users via WiFi, and back them up for safekeeping via Dropbox or any Mac/PC. Envision the impact of blending video, music, and jump to actions among your pages. How cool is it to have your own private online galley to store and save your templates (up to five communication pages) for free, and to email these templates to parents and colleagues! Furthermore, GoTalk NOW PLUS is a full-feature scanning app!
- Choose 1, 2, 4, 9, 16, or 25 locations per page.
- Use images from your iPad camera, photo library, GoTalk Image Library, or SymbolStix symbols.
- Search the Internet in-app for the perfect image or icon.
- Includes free download for Ready-Set-Communicate, a pre-made communication book for children ages 3-10.
- Purchase additional pre-made communication books in-app.
- Combine multiple images in a single communication location.
- Color pages, borders, and text with any hue.
- Move and size text with your fingers so it feels just right.
- Record your voice or use our free text-to-speech voice.
- Utilise 7 American English text-to-speech voices, available as free download
- Buy additional voices for only 99 cents each, available in over 20 languages.
- Add spoken labels (auditory cues) to any button. Great for scanning, guiding visually impaired users, and identifying any new or difficult vocabulary.
- Trim videos in-app, and play them from any communication location.
- Select our alternate video interface to pause or exit the video easily.
- Link songs from your playlist to any communication location and control them with Pause/Play, Next, and Previous.
- Include a core vocabulary button for extra quick access to important messages.
- Share complete communication books via WiFi with any iPad user who has NOW or PLUS.
- Back up communication books via Dropbox or to any Mac or PC for safekeeping.
- Store and share interactive templates (each including speech, video, text, and jump to links) on our online gallery for free.
- Download and edit pre-made templates from Attainment’s collection on the public gallery, also free.
- Email links to your templates to parents and colleagues, who can open the template on their iPad by tapping on the link.
- Print and save communication book layouts via PDFs.
- Access PLUS with single or two-switch scanning.
This product may meet the requirements specified by NDIS for Low Cost Assistive Technology if directed and recommended by an allied health professional. We can assist with your NDIA Managed, Plan Managed or Self Managed order. A support letter from an allied health professional is required, and this app can be purchased together with an iPad Bundle.