Hairy Phonics 1 App for iPad
After you've mastered the alphabet, learn phonics with Hairies!
Hairy Phonics develops phonemic awareness with the introduction of the 9 most common consonant digraphs.
The ideal app to follow the award-winning Hairy Letters.
Hairy Phonics develops phonemic awareness with the introduction of the 9 most common consonant digraphs. This is where two consonants join and make one sound.
- Learn 9 phonemes (sounds): sh, ch, th, ck, ff, ll, ss, zz, ng.
- Guides your child through a structured sequence of learning.
- Phonic animations link an action with the sound.
- Trace the letters with your finger.
- Play games to blend the phonemes into a whole word and improve understanding
- Sound out words and understand how the phoneme changes the sound of the word
- Save all the Hairies and see them dance.
This is a particularly important skill for those with dyslexia.
Designed for 4-6 year olds.
This product may meet the requirements specified by NDIS for Low Cost Assistive Technology if directed and recommended by an allied health professional. We can assist with your NDIA Managed, Plan Managed or Self Managed order. A support letter from an allied health professional is required, and this app can be purchased together with an iPad Bundle.
App Store Information
If you are bundling the app with an iPad Bundle, by default, we will create a new Apple ID for you and set up the iPad with your app(s). This service is currently complimentary for Assistive Tech customers. (Please note: If you are buying an app only (with an existing iPad and Apple ID), we'll send you a voucher to redeem the app so you can install it yourself.)